VERAX SOFTWARE MAINTENANCE AND SUPPORT OFFERINGS
Eligibility and general information
- Services are available only to customers with a valid software maintenance agreement.
- The services cover access to support and software product updates only for the corresponding software license(s).
- The services are available only to the designated, mutually-agreed point(s) of contact, other users will be redirected to these contacts.
- Assistance and support require an ability to establish remote desktop sessions.
Standard software maintenance
- Released software upgrades, patches and bugfixes for released, licensed products.
- Problem reporting with bug status tracking via e-mail.
- Identification and troubleshooting software problems and root-cause analysis.
- Assistance while creating bug reports.
- Assistance with issues during upgrades.
Premium software maintenance
- 24/7 phone support limited for production systems that are down and cannot be restarted.
- Assistance with installation & configuration to the extent to make the system up and running.
- Integration support with other Verax products.
Any additional services including (but not limited to) the following can be purchased separately:
- Step-by-step installation (on-site or remote).
- Assistance in software configuration beyond making the system up and running (e.g. adding new elements in the NMS, adding or modifying performance counters, creating new rate plans, etc.).
- Support for third party (i.e. not developed by Verax Systems) software extensions such as plugins, business reports, KPIs, workflows, etc.
- Support for systems running on user-modified database schemas (e.g. altered or added tables, fields, indexes, etc.).
- Third-party application integrations.
- Product training.
- Non-English language support.
- Performance tuning other than providing guidelines contained in the Performance/Sizing Guide.
- Capacity planning other than providing guidelines contained in the Performance/Sizing Guide.
- Backups (data archiving, creation and maintenance of backup procedures, etc.). The general backup guidelines are provided in software Installation Guides.
- Administration and upgrade services.
- Development questions or requests.
- Hardware and operating environment configuration.
API or development library bug reporting
- If a bug in Verax development API is believed to be a problem root cause, a sample code that demonstrates the problem and can be replicated must be provided.
Fixing bugs and providing patches
- Patches are issued for current versions and one prior version for critical priority bugs only.
- Critical bugs will be fixed in the next maintenance release.
- Customers are responsible for maintaining their patches during upgrades and server migration.
Supported software versions
- Verax supports the latest software release and prior versions one year after the release date.