Verax NMS & APM MySQL management plugin enables easy monitoring, alerting, health check, management and performance reporting for MySQL servers and databases. The plugin uses SQL queries in order to communicate with server instances and supports MySQL version 5.1.12 and higher (a limited functionality is available for versions 4.x as they do not support INFORMATION_SCHEMA).
The MySQL management plugin provides complete configuration and runtime about MySQL servers including:
- Configuration: software version and host platform.
- Server status view providing a detailed MySQL server status variables list (e.g. Aborted_clients, Bytes_sent, Uptime_since_flush_status and others) with their current values.
- System variables view providing a detailed MySQL server system configuration variables list (e.g. auto_increment_increment,basedir, wait_timeout and others) with their current values.
Database instances view
The view lists all databases (schemas) on a MySQL server with the following details:
- Table name
- Engine (e.g. MEMORY, MyISAM)
- Row count, index and data sizes for the table
- Table creation time
- Table update time
Finding and fixing corrupt tables
The MySQL management plugin enables administrators to automatically scan for and fix corrupt MySQL tables using the NMS “List corrupt tables” and “Repair corrupt table” actions.
Predefined MySQL monitoring templates
The plugin provides predefined templates for most commonly monitored MySQL items (listed in the table below). Other, user-defined sensors and performance counters can be added.
|MySQL monitoring templates|
|MySQL Select full range join|
|MySQL Select full join|
|MySQL Threads running|
|MySQL Bytes sent|
|MySQL Bytes received|
|MySQL Select range check|
|MySQL Slow queries|
|MySQL Query cache free memory|
|MySQL Threads created|