Verax NMS & APM MRV OptiSwitch management plugin allows easy monitoring, alerting, health check, management and performance reporting of MRV Communications’ optical switches. The plugin uses SNMP for communicating with MRV devices.
General information view
The view presents general configuration information about a switch such as:
- Name, model information and firmware version
- Hardware serial numbers
- MAC address and uptime
- Temperature (ambient, packet processor and CPU), temperature mode and heater status
- Last error mesage
Hardware components view
The view provides the inventory of hardware components within the switch, such as:
- Power supplies (type, description, redundancy status, operational status and administrative status)
- List of CPU cards (type, description, redundancy status, operational and administrative status)
- List of fan cards (type, description, operational and administrative status)
The view provides inventory of all interfaces on the switch, along with information such as: type, description, operational status, and administrative status.
The view displays the list of Small Form Factor Pluggable (SFP) Transceivers on a switch along with:
- Vendor name
- Part and serial numbers
- TX and RX outputs (in dBm)
Predefined MRV Switch monitoring templates
The plugin provides predefined templates for most commonly monitored MRV Switch items (listed in the table below). Other, user-defined sensors and performance counters can be added.
|MRV Switch monitoring templates|
|MRV Switch SFP RX Input Power|
|MRV Switch SFP Voltage|
|MRV Switch SFP Temperature|