The plugin allows Verax NMS & APM to monitor industrial devices (e.g. data center’s HVAC infrastructure), through industry standard MODBUS protocol.
- Full functionality of a MODBUS master device (connected devices are treated as slaves).
- Support for RTU and ASCII protocols.
- Support for serial and TCP communications.
- Configuration of serial port parameters for MODBUS device: port name, baud rate, data bits, stop bits, parity (odd, even, none).
Functions, registers and arithmetics
- Full support for MODBUS functions: read coils, read discrete inputs, read holding registers and read input register.
- GUI enabling invoking of real-time MODBUS calls (reads registers and parses results) and online register browsing.
- Configurable register value types (unsigned, signed, length, etc.) and multipliers (x100, x0.1).
- Configurable formatting of MODBUS returned values (BOOLEAN8, INT16, UNIT16, LONG32, ULONG32 and FLOAT32).
Sensors, counters and alarms
MODBUS plugin is fully integrated with Verax NMS & APM core and enables:
- Sensors and counters based on results of MODBUS functions calls.
- Ability to generate alarms (fixed and baseline calculated) on sensor supplied values.