BroadWorks EMS monitoring plugin
Verax NMS & APM Broadsoft BroadWorks EMS management plugin enables easy monitoring, alerting, health check, management and performance reporting for the BroadWorks Element Management System, part of the BroadWorks Voice over IP (VoIP) platform. All communication with the server takes place over SNMP protocol.
The view provides high level information about the BroadWorks Element Management System including:
- Software version, administrative state and operational status.
- Software components, including version installation history, patches and patch bundles applied, as well as third party software.
The view provides comprehensive summary information and statistics about the BroadWorks Element Management System, including:
- EMS status: host name, IP address, ports used (interface, socket, RMI), free and total memory information
- Basic system statistics, pertaining to the BroadWorks elements under the management of the EMS, including the numbers of objects, networks, nodes, interfaces, events, alarms, buffer content, threshold and pooling objects, as well as active poolers
- Alarm statistics chart, presenting the alarm counts grouped by severity (Critical, Major, Minor, Warning, Info, Clear, Unknown).
The view displays detailed information on the alarms captured by the Broadsoft BroadWorks Element Management System, including their source (element name), alarm identifier, severity, category (e.g. Media Server, Application Server, Network Server, Topology, Syslog, Threshold, Patch Management, Discovery and many others), as well as their creation time.
Predefined BroadWorks EMS monitoring templates
The plugin provides predefined templates for most commonly monitored BroadWorks EMS items (listed in the table below). Other, user-defined sensors and performance counters can be added.
|Broadsoft BroadWorks EMS monitoring templates|
|BroadWorks EMS Active pollers number|
|BroadWorks EMS Alarms in buffer number|
|BroadWorks EMS Alarms number|
|BroadWorks EMS EMS Memory usage|
|BroadWorks EMS Events in buffer number|
|BroadWorks EMS Events number|
|BroadWorks EMS Poolled objects number|
|BroadWorks EMS Threshold objects number|