Verax NMS & APM Apache HTTP Server management plugin enables easy monitoring, alerting, health check, management and performance reporting for Apache web servers (version 2 and higher are supported with mod_status enabled). HTTP/HTTPS is used for retrieving performance statistics.
General information view
The view presents high level server configuration and performance information including:
- Server version, build date, uptime and last restart time.
- Traffic information: total number of requests processed, number of requests per second, CPU usage, total traffic, average throughput (bytes per second) and average transfer per request (bytes per request), idle workers and others.
- Connection status summary (open, waiting and sending slots).
The view presents current requests serviced on an Apache HTTP Server including: PID (process id), response time, data transferred, connecting client IP address, virtual host name and the request itself (e.g. “GET /”). Response time and transfer comparison charts for current requests are provided.
The view presents high level view of processes spawned by an Apache HTTP Server including: PID (process id), server, number of times the process was accessed, number of recent requests, CPU usage, data transfers and others.
The view presents detailed Apache HTTP Server statistics such as:
- Total, minimum, maximum and average response times.
- Total, minimum, maximum and average transfers.
Predefined Apache HTTP Server monitoring templates
The plugin provides predefined templates for most commonly monitored Apache HTTP Server items (listed in the table below). Other, user-defined sensors and performance counters can be added.
|Apache HTTP Server monitoring templates|
|Apache HTTP Server Total Accesses|
|Apache HTTP Server Total Transfer (KB)|
|Apache HTTP Server CPU Load|
|Apache HTTP Server Uptime|
|Apache HTTP Server Idle workers|
|Apache HTTP Server Bytes per second|
|Apache HTTP Server Bytes per request|
|Apache HTTP Server Busy workers|
|Apache HTTP Server Requests per second|