Verax NMS & APM
> Monitoring capabilities
Unified monitoring of 3000+ standard applications, hosts and devices
Verax NMS & APM monitoring supports over 3000 types of applications, hosts, network devices and data center infrastructure elements:
- SNMP v1, v2, v3 and RMON hosts and devices such as routers, switches and firewalls.
- Windows, Linux and UNIX hosts: FreeBSD, IBM AIX, Oracle Solaris and HP-UX.
- Applications running under Microsoft Windows supporting WMI such as Exchange, IIS, SharePoint and others.
- .NET applications.
- JMX-Java applications including application servers (Apache Tomcat, JBoss, GlassFish and others), middleware such as WSO2, transaction brokers and others.
- JDBC-compliant databases such as MySQL, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, DB2, PostgreSQL, Firebird and others.
- Wide range of built-in sensors including: PING, SNMP PING, SNMP OID, FTP, HTTP/HTTPS, SQL, POP3, IMAP, SMTP, WMI, TCP port, DNS, SSH, LDAP, RADIUS, DHCP, NTP, JMX, JDBC and others.
- Additional customized sensors available via shell scripting.
Additional advanced management extension plugins
Verax NMS & APM provides application or equipment specific plugins enable functions beyond simple monitoring such as: automated health checks, application or hardware specific management GUIs, executing element-specific management actions (e.g. restart, traceroute, etc.), complex alarm and event processing and detailed performance reporting.
Generic extension plugins
Enterprise systems extension plugins
Data Center Infrastructure
- IP security cameras (Sanyo, IQEye and others)
- Access control systems (Suprema BioStar and others)
- Temperature and humidity sensors
Carrier network equipment extension plugins
- Juniper BRAS (Broadband Remote Access Server)
- Accedian backhaul performance assurance devices: EtherNID, MetroNID TE, MetroNID GT and MetroNODE
- Perle IOLAN SDS
- 4RF Aprisa SR+
- Eltek power systems
Agent and agentless monitoring with firewall traversal
Verax NMS & APM supports agent and agentless monitoring. In majority of cases, agentless monitoring (e.g. via JMX or SQL queries) or using standard, vendor-provided agents (such as SNMP agent) are sufficient. In addition, Verax Management Agent can be deployed when:
- No agent is available or a custom agent is required.
- Standard agent does not provide all the required management information.
- Monitoring of private networks behind firewalls is required, when port forwarding or VPN is not available.
- Data has to be collected locally (e.g. due to security reasons or license limitations).
Support for both agent and agentless monitoring enables Verax NMS & APM to offer extreme flexibility and ability to address virtually any monitoring challenges.